This article is about a special app that I love on the Apple TV, IPTVX - I've talked about IPTVX before but it's changed a lot since then so I felt like it's a right time to show you IPTVX again.
The setup screen has a few new features. You can now specify whether it's a playlist URL or a media folder, log in with username and password and change the way your channels are sorted.
I use the IPTV provider Iconic Streams, They've got the best quality channels that I've come across so far. Soon as I enter my playlist URL, IPTVX automatically finds the EPG URL, which is pretty clever and It saves me the hassle of typing out again.
IPTVX added a nice little touch by giving you an avatar for your playlist, reminds me of Netflix.
Playlist parsing really doesn’t take that long, comparing this to iPlayTV is night and day.
I'm pretty sure the EPG is loaded in the background, but that's a nice time-saver if you ask me, once you're in you're going to be greeted with your video-on-demand content.
"This really is the best looking IPTV app out there"
Everything is nicely displayed in a Netflix style layout. It hasn't really changed much from when I last reviewed it, but it still looks just as good.
This really is the best looking IPTV app out there on any platform, but of course, that's subjective.
Unfortunately, I can't show you what TV shows look like because Iconic Stream doesn't currently have any TV content.
I'll just skip straight through to the live channels.
Now, we have a brand new layout a grid of cards, which makes a lot more sense when you see a feature that I'm going to talk about in a minute.
You can still switch back to the vertical style layout.
There is one thing that's annoying about IPTVX if you have a large number of categories that you don't want to see and you want to hide them, it takes forever to go through them and disable them.
Luckily you only have to do this once but it'll be helpful if you can quickly do this in the settings.
One of the great new features of the new grid-style layout is that if you hover over one of the channels that you're interested in for long enough, it will give you a live preview.
Now this feature that was added makes me really fall in love with this app the cover art for the content of the TV channel is showing on the card it looks amazing, I love it!
Not much has changed with the video player and to be honest that's a good thing it's pretty fine the way it is, but one thing that has been fixed is the overly large subtitles, the new grid-style layout for the TV Guide looks great, but in practice doesn't work very well with the Apple TV remote.
I quickly found myself lost in the TV guide whilst scrolling, it would be much improved if you can snap the grid to the hour, so that way you wouldn't go all over the place whilst your scroll through the guide.
Siri integration isn't fully implemented. I'd expect to say ‘pause’ to Siri and it would pause on live TV or ‘rewind’ and it goes back but that doesn't happen, but it does work on video on demand hopefully in the future, Siri functionality will be expanded.
You can use your voice to search for channels or video and demand content but at the moment you cannot search the TV Guide.
Watch your digital content, TV Live, Movies, and TV Shows with style!
- All your data is synchronized on your Apple iCloud to make it available on all your devices and only accessible to you;
- Added recently section;
- Continue watching section;
- Favorites section;
- TV Series with amazing dedicated page; “Next episode” button when the episode approach to the end and much more;
- Choose between our "Live screen"'s horizontal or vertical navigation style to explore categories, channels, preview and EPG info, all in the same screen;
- TV Guide tab (EPG Grid);
- Airplay 2 casts;
- Search Movie, TV Series and Live channels;
- Auto EPG: if your server contains an Electronic Program Guide (EPG) file, IPTVX will automatically find it for you;
- Possibility to insert an arbitrary EPG URL (supports GZIP);
- Settings page;
- Parental control;
- Hide channels and categories;
- Multiple playlists support;
- Subtitles selection from those internal to the video and, when available, grabbed from OpenSubtitles.org;
- Audio tracks selection;
- Detailed info for Movies, TV Series, episodes and Live channels;
- On player channels list when viewing lives;
- TV Live zapping;
- Special contents;
and much more!
I recommend using a VPN like NordVPN if your ISP is blocking the IPTV Provider, if it Channels aren't working at all then use a VPN.